2020.10.23 Release Note
New Feature: Embedding Google Forms in app messages
You can now embed a Google Form into your in-app messages.
You want to get feedback about the service from specific users
Purpose of distribution
Narrow down your segments and get Feedback about your services from specific users
To be delivered
Users who have run their bills 5 or more times within 30 days
When the app's home screen is run twice in the same session
Content of delivery
Display a Google Form in an in-app message and request a response
How to configure on the administration screen
Select a template
- Open the Repro administration screen, go to Marketing > Messages and then to the in-app message creation and editing screen.
- In the "HTML (WebView)" type template, "ID1118" supports embedding Google Forms.
Create in-app messages
- Please enter the content to be delivered in the in-app message as you see fit.
- Enter the URL of the Google Form you want to embed in the in-app message in the "Google Form URL" section.
- The URL to be entered in theGoogle Form URL
must conform to the following format. Please refer to here.
Incorrectly formatted URLs are detected as invalid URLs and the message cannot be saved. Please note that the following cases apply
- The URL does not contain /viewform.
- If the ?embedded=true parameter is not given
- No URLs other than Google Forms can be embedded in the message; the URLs will be detected as invalid URLs and the message cannot be saved.
- You cannot record the information that an end user has responded to a Google Form as an event. Nor can you capture the values that an end user enters in a Google Form as a user profile or event.
See official document for details.
Work required to use this service
In-app messages with embedded Google Forms will be delivered when the following SDK and OS versions are met. Please note that in-app messages will not be delivered to users who do not meet the requirements.
The compatible SDK versions are "Android: 5.1.0" and "iOS: 5.2.0" (to be released on Monday, September 7, 2020). Please check the steps below and update to the corresponding SDK versions.
- For iOS, please visit here.
- Andoid is here.
Functional requests and questions
If you are a Repro user: please contact us via the #feature-requests channel in the user-oriented Slack channel Pluto.
If you're not a Repro user: use the form to contact us, and we'll get back to you. One of our representatives will get back to you.