New Feature: Embedding YouTube Video in the app’s messages
You can now embed YouTube videos in the app's messages.
I want to display a video introducing the service to first-time visitors
Purpose of distribution
We want to deepen users' understanding of our services by explaining them in video
To be delivered
First time user to launch the app
When a user visits the home page for the first time when the app is launched
Content of delivery
Play YouTube videos with in-app messages to introduce the service.
How to set up on the administration screen
Select a template
- Open the Repro administration screen, go to Marketing > Messages and then to the in-app message creation and editing screen.
- In the "HTML (WebView)" type template, "ID1117" supports YouTube embedding.
Create in-app messages
- Please enter the content to be delivered in the in-app message as you see fit.
- Enter the URL of the Youtibe video you want to embed in the in-app message in the "YouTube URL" section.
- The added YouTube videos have auto-play, skip-play, and full-screen playback features disabled due to specifications. To enable them, you must edit the HTML directly in the custom type message. However, depending on the type and version of device the end user is using, the enabled features may not be available.
- URLs of YouTube videos that do not support embedding or non-YouTube video URLs cannot be embedded in the message, the URLs are detected as invalid URLs and the message cannot be saved.
Please refer to official document for details.
Supported OS version and SDK version
In-app messages with embedded YouTube videos will be delivered when the following SDK and OS versions are met. Please note that in-app messages will not be delivered if the conditions are not met.
The corresponding SDK versions are "Android:5.1.0" released on Tuesday, August 11, 2020, and "iOS:5.2.0" released on Tuesday, October 6, 2020. Please check the following steps and update to the corresponding SDK version.
- Andoid is here
Functional requests and questions
If you are a Repro user: please contact us via the #feature-requests channel in the user-oriented Slack channel Pluto. Or contact the Customer Success team directly.
If you're not a Repro user, use the form to contact us. One of our representatives will get back to you.